Wednesday, 25 November 2009

Jules Verne: 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea


My illustrator, has made me this fantastic toy theatre, but with a difference.


Instead of the usual paper, it is constructed with a wooden base, and then the rest is made up of card.
I am posting this as it is, that is without any of my 'altering' of it, just so people can see a before and after look. I know I may slightly alter it and with those who are more purists than myself (well I ain't one), it may look better in these pictures than the ones I will post later when I have had my 'play'.


So thank you Mr Illustrator for all your  hard work, don't get too upset once I've finished with it though. Actually I prefer the term transform, I'm going to make it something more than what it is; and it will be slightly messed up (not overly).


So come and check out inside the Nautilus, meet Captain Nemo, check out the shipwreck, the divers and wow they even spot a mermaid (artistic licence, that was not in the story), and of course the pink scary sea creature.

There are a number of other scenes which will be coming, but in the meantime I am posting these up, as I can't wait to show them to my readers; and I can't wait to start playing and do what I do best - 'altering'.

So this is all my illustrator's work, nothing of me added to it yet (so don't thank me). And don't like it too much in this state, because it is going to have an 'altered state' (pardon my lame attempts at humour).

3 comments:

Cory Gross said...

Wow, looks pretty neat! Thanks for sharing it on my blog!

Tristan Robin said...

what delicious fun! - and what a terrific concept for a theatre! I love it - and I look forward to the transformed Capatain Nemo!

Paula said...

Yeah, I am a bit reluctant to alter it, in case I wreck the whole thing and it cost me a lot of beers.