Tuesday, 1 September 2009

Marie Antoinette's Toy Theatre Scenes (revisited)

I was so excited to get my toy theatre back from my illustrator (William) that I never really did too much of the altered art work to them. But I've had a couple of weeks to work on them now, giving it that distinct altered art look.

So here goes the new show with all new characters too.

Ladies and Gentlemen introducing the main characters:

And Marie's 'privately owned peasants':

Let the show begin with our toy theater:

"Louis. I plan to go to our hall of mirrors for some light frivolous play with my friends, do you care to join with me?"

[and here is the full panel with a bit of the collage work]

[and use of typography to add effects]

"On come ladies out into my garden ... don't you just love the topiary?"



"Don't trip on your hem ladies."

"Perhaps you'd like to meet my peasants in my hamlet .. it is so rustically charming."

"Mind the horse, he's just been given some fresh hay."

"See how they entertain me."

"That's my favourite child feeding the ducks."

"I'll try and talk to her, I hope she likes this flower I plucked from my garden for her."

[The final panel showing the sky with vellum clouds and puffed wool].

Story teller's note: the story is not meant to be derogatory of Marie, as she was just a product of her time and she knew no better coming into the kingdom as a child ...she was able to live her fantasies and high life for awhile, but she was struck with a cruel blow from those who had loved her.

2 comments:

Tristan Robin said...

Oh, I'm so glad that your comment section has been updated! I wanted to let you know what a lovely job I think you did on your new Marie sets ... the alterations are juuuuuuust right!

Brava!

Pepa said...

This is simply amazing. Excellent job.