Tuesday, 4 March 2008

Peace I offer you



This is a painting of one of my daughters who has been projected as a 20 year old woman by my friend and fantasy artist, Paula. Paula created this picture just from a photograph of my daughter when she was five years old. That photo is pictured below (now has been removed). I also collected three other photos of myself as a young woman (my teenage wedding). This was set against like an English moors look (inspiration from the Wuthering Heights, Bronte sisters).

I got this painting done for personal reasons, where through certain circumstances I was unsure about my future, and this daughter is my youngest, so I just wanted to see what she would look like as a woman. Then I was going to get my other daughter done (which I will one day), but the circumstances had changed and I had passed my trial, but only by the grace of God. It's ambiguous, but it has to remain so, but through this adversity, I came out a braver and more courageous woman, I can honestly say now, I fear no one or anything.

There's a saying
“All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” -- Edmund Burke.

Well, I'm certainly no coward, so I confronted a situation, but didn't realise its implications. Enough said. As Psalms say 'Let the redeemed of the Lord say so, whom He has redeemed from the hand of the enemy' (Psalm 107:2). That's why the picture is called "Peace I offer you", with the dove symbolising peace.


She was given a brief to create a pre-Raphaelite like type of painting and scenery of the English moors.




Check out that looong hair. Eek these photos are so old!

No comments: